The Gailey's

The Gailey's

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Our new baby girl:):):)

You didn't actually think I meant another baby human, did you?!  Introducing Harper:)  She's a 5 month old Jack Russell Terrier.  We adopted her from a lady near Ft. Worth who couldn't take care of her anymore.  This was our ideal age so we didn't have to deal with potty training but still got a puppy.  When we met to pick her up and I saw her for the first time I was just so happy and thinking how adorable she was!!!  I immediately picked her up and was just about licked to death!  


She sat on my lap the entire ride...yes already spoiled;)  I must admit...I've never, EVER been licked so much in my life!  This girl loves to lick, and lick, and lick!

Selfie! 

Keith and I went to get Harper during the school day, and the kids had NO idea what we were doing...they didn't even know a new puppy was in our future.  When they got home from school they were shocked and super excited that Daddy was holding a new puppy!!!  She licked them all even more than she did to me:)


If you look at her from the top (her back) you'd sweat it was Jack just smaller.

 Harper loves being pet!





 Such a pretty girl:) 




 Harper wasn't too sure about the doggy door at first, but she warmed up soon enough! 

Both dogs relaxing in the warm sun.  We weren't sure there for awhile if this was going to be possible!  Jack wasn't too fond of a new puppy hanging around and trying to play with him.  They were kept apart for a few days and Jack finally warmed up to her.  Now it's like we've always had them both:)

She LOVES to play fetch and tug of war and boy is she FAST!!!  Once in awhile she will "go crazy" and run lightning fast around the house or outside.  It's really funny to watch her spring off the deck or couch!



 Jack and Harper posing (only b/c I have a treat!)


I couldn't be happier with our newest addition!  She has really brightened my world, especially being so far from friends and family.  I'm glad she's fitting in and getting all the attention she deserves:)

No comments:

Post a Comment